After moving home, it is important that you register locally with a GP (General Practioner / doctor). If you’d like to access healthcare on our Newport or Pontypridd campuses, please also register with the USW Health Service.
Don’t wait until you are unwell to register!
Treforest, Glyntaff, Pontypridd area
If you are living near our Pontypridd campus, come along to the Health Centre on Treforest Campus to pick up registration forms.
- You can register with the USW Health Centre
- You can also register with Ashgrove Surgery in Pontypridd through the Health Centre
- GPs from Ashgrove surgery offer clinics at our Health Centre during term
If you are living near our Newport campus, registration forms are available from the Advice Zone or the Nurse.
Once the forms are completed, book an appointment with the nurse
- Make an appointment via Unilife to see the Nurse Adviser at City Campus.
- Nurse appointments are available Tuesday and Thursday each week.
Important Information regarding the Atrium GP clinic for All Students at the Atrium Campus
As of Sept 2017 there will NO longer be a visiting GP service at the Atrium
• Returning Students – who have previously been registered with the GP service at the campus (Llanederyn Surgery) will now need to register with an alternative GP surgery. You will receive a letter at some point telling you that you will no longer be able to access the GP service at this surgery,
• Please use the NHS Wales link to use your Cardiff address postcode to find out the nearest surgery to where you are going to be living during 2017-18
• Contact your chosen GP surgery and contact them to request to register with them as soon as possible. You will need Your NHS number (this can be found on your medical card or a repeat medication prescription or any hospital letters you may have received) as well as proof of identity and a Utility bill with your new address on. In addition, you will need the name and address of your previous GP . This will be Llanederyn Health centre Maelfa Llanederyn Cardiff CF27 9PN
• First year students living in Cardiff – It is important that you register with a GP as soon as possible after arriving at University.Please DO NOT leave it until you are too unwell to do it. You can use the NHS Wales link to enter your Cardiff address postcode to find out your nearest Gp surgery to where you live
•You will need Your NHS number (this can be found on your medical card or a repeat medication prescription or any hospital letters you may have received) as well as proof of identity and a Utility bill with your new address on. In addition, you will need the name and address of your previous GP
Start of Term 2017/18
USW Health Service Registration drop-in sessions at the Treforest Health Centre will be available during the first few weeks of term at the student Hub
There will be registration drop in sessions available in the Student Hub (alongside Mountain halls) Please attend one of the registration drop in sessions as soon as possible after enrolling, no appointment necessary.
In addition please bring the name and address of your home GP and your Student ID card.
If you are a Welsh student please also bring your NHS number (this can be found on your medical card or a repeat medication prescription or any hospital letters you may have received)
• Tues 26th Sept 9am – midday
• Weds 27th sept 1pm – 4pm
• Thurs 28th Sept 10am – 1pm
• Mon 2nd Oct 10 am – 1pm
• Weds 4th Oct 11am – 2pm
If you are unable to attend the above sessions call into the health centre to pick up forms and when complete hand them in at the Health Centre
Please ensure all forms are completed before you arrive at the Health Centre to ensure your registration is quick and easy.