There are regular doctors’ clinics at our Cardiff and Treforest locations. To see a General Practitioner (GP) on campus, you must be registered with their GP practice.
Treforest Campus GP Clinics
- To see a GP on our Treforest campus , you must be registered with Ashgrove surgery, Pontypridd
- Appointments can be booked through the University Health Centre.
- Appointments are usually available Monday afternoons, Wednesday afternoons and Friday mornings during term.
- Contact the Health Centre to arrange a GP appointment.
Cardiff Campus GP Clinics
Important Information regarding the Atrium GP clinic for All Students at the Atrium Campus
As of Sept 2017 there will NO longer be a visiting GP service at the Atrium
• Returning Students – who have previously been registered with the GP service at the campus (Llanederyn Surgery) will now need to register with an alternative GP surgery. You will receive a letter at some point telling you that you will no longer be able to access the GP service at this surgery,
• Please use the NHS Wales link to use your Cardiff address postcode to find out the nearest surgery to where you are going to be living during 2017-18
• Contact your chosen GP surgery and contact them to request to register with them as soon as possible. You will need Your NHS number (this can be found on your medical card or a repeat medication prescription or any hospital letters you may have received) as well as proof of identity and a Utility bill with your new address on. In addition, you will need the name and address of your previous GP . This will be Llanederyn Health centre Maelfa Llanederyn Cardiff CF27 9PN
• First year students living in Cardiff – It is important that you register with a GP as soon as possible after arriving at University.Please DO NOT leave it until you are too unwell to do it. You can use the NHS Wales link to enter your Cardiff address postcode to find out your nearest Gp surgery to where you live
•You will need Your NHS number (this can be found on your medical card or a repeat medication prescription or any hospital letters you may have received) as well as proof of identity and a Utility bill with your new address on. In addition, you will need the name and address of your previous GP
Students living in Treforest but studying at the Atrium campus can access health care from the Treforest Health centre
All students studying at the University are able to visit the Treforest campus Health Centre for advice from a Nurse . Alternatively they can contacts us by telephone on 01443 482081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org