The University Health Service is available to all members of the USW community regardless of which GP they are registered with. Please register with USW’s Health Service.
It is very important that you book your appointment in advance before arriving at the Health Centre. We NO LONGER offer a drop in service therefore Please DO NOT just turn up without an appointment as you risk not being able to see the Nurse.
Contact Us & Opening Times
As of w/c 16th April students studying at the ATRiuM campus will be able to book an appointment to see the University Nurse. Pre bookable Appointments will be available between 10am – 4pm on a Thursday and Friday commencing Friday 20th April. Please check online for available appointments to see a nurse on campus or by contacting the Advice Zone on 01443 4 82540.
All students studying at the University are able to visit the Treforest campus Health centre for advice from a Nurse . Alternatively they can contacts us by telephone on 01443 482081 or email email@example.com
Important Information regarding the Atrium GP clinic for All Students at the Atrium Campus:
As of Sept 2017 there will NO longer be a visiting GP service at the Atrium
• Returning Students – who have previously been registered with the GP service at the campus (Llanederyn Surgery) will now need to register with an alternative GP surgery. You will receive a letter at some point telling you that you will no longer be able to access the GP service at this surgery,
• Please use the Health in Wales link to use your Cardiff address postcode to find out the nearest surgery to where you are going to be living during 2017-18 on .
• Contact your chosen GP surgery and contact them to request to register with them as soon as possible. You will need Your NHS number (this can be found on your medical card or a repeat medication prescription or any hospital letters you may have received) as well as proof of identity and a Utility bill with your new address on. In addition, you will need the name and address of your previous GP . This will be Llanederyn Health centre, Maelfa, Llanederyn, Cardiff, CF27 9PN.
• First year students living in Cardiff – It is important that you register with a GP as soon as possible after arriving at University. Please DO NOT leave it until you are too unwell to do it. You can use the following link to enter your Cardiff address postcode to find out your nearest GP surgery to where you live
• You will need Your NHS number (this can be obtained by either contacting your current GP service or it can be found on your medical card, on a repeat medication prescription or any hospital letters you may have received) as well as proof of identity and a Utility bill with your new address on. In addition, you will need the name and address of your previous GP
If you have any problems registering with a GP Surgery in Cardiff please book an appointment with the Nurse at the ATRiuM via Unilfe
Students living in Treforest but studying at the Atrium campus can access health care from either the Treforest Health centre or by booking a Nurse appointment via Unilife at the ATRiuM.
Term Time Opening Hours for Nurse appointments at the ATRiuM are:
|Thursday||10.00 – 16.00|
|Friday||10.00 – 16.00|
Phone: 01443 668620